Sunday, September 28, 2008

Formula One - 27th Sept 2008


at&t Williams' car @ Raffles City




The track with an Aston Martin on it's way.






SO many Ferrari caps!!! *drools*
In this kind of event, how can you see and did not buy? of course i have a piece of the Ferrari pie. I got myself one of the caps. No regrets. =DDDD


The Porche GTs....






That half naked guy is Hafiz Koh. Our local driver who participated in some V6 races. i'm not too sure. But is he gonna be Singapore's future F1 driver?


Alan Woo, my manager. hahahahah


Porches ready to race...






One of the Porche driver. I have no idea who he is. Kind of like Vanesse from Taiwan's F4 boyband.


Porches, porches....






At Singapore Flyer. Cars display from MONSTER GARAGE.


etc...




Lamborghini 1


Lamborghini 2




This is fierce, very monstrous.


Have a closer look.


This is my best shot of the day. The only pic that captured a little bit of the F1 car... like a mere shadow only... LOL!
it's not McLaren, it's not Ferrari. I think it's one of the Williams.


One Heikki Kovalainen's fan here, the Finnland flag together with McLaren's Flag.


Felipe Massa and his engineer from the "Mega Screen." Anyway, i find the screens are not "Mega" at all. quite small to watch. I can't read the words clearly from it. Or had my eyesight became worst??


Break of dawn. It's flooded with ppl waiting for the 3rd Practicing Session to begin.


The view opposite my Grandstand. Honestly, no one really bothers about it.




Caught this Renault fan doing something weird when we realised it's pieces of spare part from one of the Formula BMW cars. Formula BMWs are like miniature versions of F1 cars. They are LLLOOOOUUUUDDDD too!




Decorative lamps near Padang Grandstand...






Those lights....


Saw this model of the Marina Bay Circuit when i'm on the way home, near Suntec Convention Centre.







That's all. No any great pictures...

It's a day which i'll never forget in my life. I'm part of history. History of the first ever Formula One night race. i'm so happy!

It's a hot hot day. I think i sweat at least a litre of fluid from my body today but it juz feels great. That's nothing as compared to F1 drivers who are able to lose up to 3 litres after each race. It's true.

Been around the circuit with Alan and his friends, Ben and Sarah. From what i see, i guess about 75% and above are all tourists. Singaporean like totally not so in to F1 at all. nvm, i'm glad i'm one of the 25% and below. hahaha.... all ppl around me do not have a bit of F1 in them. I am not able to share my interests with any of them which honestly, i'm quite sad about it. haizzz.....

While walking towards Singapore Flyer, i spot Nico Rosberg from Team at&t Williams! Nico is one of the F1 driver, 23 year old and he is the kind of Leonardo DiCaprio type of guy! I got excited and exclaimed it to Alan and his friends. "Eh!!! Nico Rosberg leh!!" But their reply is "who? where? whooo.......?" In my mind i was thinking "if i tell you all also no use right..." LOL. But i still told them who Nico is la... I was shy otherwise i already snap shot with him. *silliness*
Anyway, Alan took a photo of his back view. Quite nice. I'll post it up when he sends me the photo. ahahaha

Everything was great except the jam part. Everyone squeezed like sandwiches in some part of the circuit. And you can smell all kinds of smell. *faints*

So comes to the part when we're watching the Practicing and Qualifying Sessions... Whenever Felipe Massa, Kimi Raikkonen, Lewis Hamilton or Heikki Kovalainen beats the fastest lap time, everyone on the grandstand will cheer! And when Fernando Alonso beats the fastest lap, ppl actually booed. LOL! Then comes a soft cheer from far end of the grandstand, I looked around and i actually saw the Kallang Wave coming on like a Tsunami... You know, Kallang Wave? Very famous from Singaporeans which what we do is stands and cheer like a wave... I think one of us Singaporean started it and it flowed all the way to the other end of the grandstand. hahahaha...

During part of the Practising session, i received an enquiry call on my phone. I answered the call but there is no way i am able to hear him because the F1 cars are driving past and their engines are roaring all the way. So i said "Hi, very sorry i'm not (with background sounding of engines) able to hear you cos i'm attending (another driver drived passed...) the F1 race tonight. Very sorry ya, Bye bye! (engine sounds at the background again....)" Then Alan looked at my face and he cannot help but laughed. LOL!

The moment you heard the engines roaring, i bet your ears cannot take it. But i din even put on my ear plugs. It juz feels great to hear those engines........ After a while, i got used to the loudness.

Talking about the photos... It's way to fast to snap la. Is like when i heard sounds coming, i click my phone's camera button, by the time it captured the car was already gone. my camera phone 5 megapixel also no use... i gave up... LOL!

Watching the event live is so much different from watching it live on TV. But one thing is, nv go with ppl who have no idea what F1 is all about. It's not only about the speeds and sounds or because it's the 1st ever night race for example... You need to know the drivers too. I'm no expert, i'm still learning. There's still alot of things that i do not know about F1... Also, go with ppl you know too. Like when i'm so excited today, i cannot grab Alan and happy together. I'm there all so high by myself... *double faints*

I'm pretty sure i'll grab my own tickets and go to the event again next year if i'm still crazy about F1...

Whatever, anyway, tomorrow's starting grid will be 1st: Massa, 2nd: Hamilton and 3rd: Kimi... I really hope for Hamilton to win the race!!! Gonna be a very exciting evening tomorrow...

No comments: